Friday 19 February 2010

25th Birthday

"Imagination is everything.
It is a preview of lifes
coming attractions."
                                                                                                     Albert Einstein


      When i was little i would draw pictures. These pictures where of dragons, robots, skateboarding and race cars. On a monday morning the teacher would ask us to draw a picture on half the page and then write at the bottom in our best handwriting what we did.

      I remember this one time making my teacher very angry. I drew myself skateboarding of a ramp and flying over my house.

"Matthew, you didnt really do this though did you?"
"Yeah, i did."
"Stop telling lies matthew. Next week you must write about something you actually did!"

      So the next week, i drew that i had a bow and arrow. That i shot a badger with an arrow. My teacher flipped! He said i had to stop telling stories! In reality i spent the weekend playing "Hunting" with another boy called stephen. With a PH not a V. In my head i was shooting badgers with arrows.

At the next parents meeting my teacher told my parents that i had too much of a vivid imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment